Looking for some greenery? Need a place to switch off? Well, you’ve landed in the right spot. In this article, we’ve prepared a list of the perfect places to go for a walk – the most beautiful parks in London and the best walks near London. Approved by locals, of course.
The most beautiful parks in London
If you’re searching for the most perfect parks in London, you aren’t short of options, after all 47% of London is considered a greenspace. With 3,000 parks to choose from large and small, you are never far from the tranquillity of nature in the Capital.
The Royal Parks
These are London’s best-known parks visited and adored by locals and tourists alike, many for centuries. Here’s the rundown on some of the most famous parks in Europe.
- Hyde Park – one of the most famous parks in the world, nestled squarely in the West End for a nice break from the hustle and bustle, check out Kensington Gardens as a particular point of interest.
- Regent’s Park & Primrose Hill – Queen Mary’s Rose Garden shouldn’t be missed, don’t miss the stunning views of London’s skyline from Primrose Hill
- St.James’s Park – Tucked behind Parliament this small but impressive park is worth the visit.
- Green Park – Close to St.James’s Park a nice escape and place to rest after taking in the sights at Buckingham Palace.
- Greenwich Park – Found in southeast London you’ll find one of London’s best-kept secrets. Greenwich Park has an old-London feel and great views of Canary Wharf.
- Richmond Park – Looking for wildlife? You will love Richmond Park, it is home to 600+ fallow deer and has a more natural “feel” compared to other parks in the city.
- Busy Park – In the western reaches of London you will find Bushy Park, impressive in its own right a great place to wander after a visit to Hampton Court Palace
A few other suggestions from Bolt’s London Team
- Victoria Park – The designated as the People’s Park and a cherished gem of the East End. Great to pair with a walk along Regent’s Canal
- Hampstead Heath – A trail running paradise, don’t miss the lidos open year-round for those brave enough to take a dip in the winter. Lovely views of the city can be seen on Parliament Hill
- Alexandra Park – One of the biggest hills in London, great views of London facing south.
- Crystal Palace Park – A south London treasure, home to a Victoria-era exhibition grounds with great views of London to the north
- Clissold Park – A nice place for a picnic and to play lawn games with friends in the north
- Finsbury Park – Go where the locals go, a great space to meet your mates for some football or other fun sporting activities.
The best walks near London
Need to take a proper breather? Searching for a place to have a nice outdoor day with your loved ones? Here are some of the best walks in and around London:
Go with the flow
Need some motivation to speed up your steps? Searching for a perfect soundtrack to make your forest walk even more epic? Here are our Spotify suggestions:
Carbon-neutral rides with Bolt
If you need to get somewhere today, consider walking. And if that’s not an option, remember that all Bolt rides in Europe are climate-neutral and our e-scooter business will be climate positive by the end of 2020.
So, however, you decide to move, you’ll be joining us in our mission to create a cleaner and greener urban environment for all. Download the app and get going!