Good news everyone, Bolt is now in Nur-Sultan! To celebrate the launch, we decided to give you the chance to get to know the great country of Kazakhstan… In addition to getting 50% off your first Bolt ride, of course.
Go through these facts and then do a trivia night with your friends. The one who knows the least will have to pay for your next Bolt Food order or Bolt ride around town. Sounds like a plan, no?
Did you know that?
- Kazakhstan is the largest uranium producer in the world.
- Though being the largest landlocked country in the world, Kazakhstan has a naval force, which is based on the similarly landlocked Caspian Sea.
- Kazakhstan is one of the most diverse countries in the world in terms of ethnicities, with 131 represented.
- Wild horses are a big thing in Kazakhstan. Some believe that man first tamed and rode horses there.
- The longest land border in the world is between Kazakhstan and Russia – a whopping 7512.8 kilometres!
- UNESCO has voted the country as #1 in the world Education Development Index for providing universal primary education, maintaining a high level of adult literacy and promoting gender parity.
- Medeo is the highest mountain skating rink in the world. Maybe that’s the reason Kazakhstan has some great results in speed skating with 170 world records in their name.
- Kazakh means “wanderer” or “independent”.
- Nur-Sultan is the second coldest capital city in the world (after Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia). The temperatures? January 1893’s cold wave reached temperatures down to −51.6 °C. Freezing, to say the least!
And of course, the 10th in the list is a true dessert:
Bolt is now live in Nur-Sultan!
We wouldn’t do what we do if we didn’t actually want to have an impact. What’s the point of creating products and services that don’t benefit anyone? You’re right, there’s none. This is why we invest a lot in driver confidence and trust. Bolt drivers pay only 15% commission on each completed trip. That’s significantly lower than the market average, giving each driver the opportunity to earn more on a daily basis.
At the same time, we haven’t forgotten the ones searching for a quick way to get around town. Cheap urban transportation should be accessible to everyone. It’s basically a human right in 2019. How to make it happen? By lowering the ride prices. And that’s exactly what we’ve done. Less money paid on rides = more money saved for bigger purposes.
Download the Bolt app to get -50% on your first ride
To celebrate Bolt’s launch, the first 10 trips will be -50% for all the Bolters in Nur-Sultan. The discount is valid for one week.